Catalog Specialist (Amazon)
Job Overview: We are looking for a Catalog Specialist to input, update and maintain information within our client’s catalogs. This includes uploading, updating, and maintaining images, copy and online content on our client product pages.
Responsibilities include performing routine and ongoing maintenance, the creation of, and updates to image and content catalogs, submission of retail items for online listings, and other tasks related to the online catalog for our client portfolio database. Our ideal candidate has essential data entry skills, efficiency, speed, an eye for detail, and strong Excel skills, as well as online or cloud-based file sharing systems. You will work with the Marketing Team, and your peers to problem solve, troubleshoot issues, and manage tasks pertaining to the individual accounts, as well as interfacing with other departments within the organization. Previous e-commerce and/or retail experience or similar position will be considered an advantage but not a requirement. Experience working with Amazon Vendor Central and Seller Central is a plus.
- Update vendor portal and online listings by inputting text based and numerical information from source documents such as specification and dimension sheets, sell sheets and related sales and image assets on a daily or weekly basis
- Extract data from E-commerce portals, sort and load into Excel sheets to support maintenance for our client’s online catalogs on a timely basis
- Review data for any anomalies, deficiencies or errors, take corrective actions and ensure output accuracy
- Manage the flow of jobs through the specified queue and work together with the team and peers to execute requested tasks promptly.
- Maintain and keep current a key contact listing for all customers
- Respond rapidly to customer and internal queries for information
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with All Teams
- Comply with data integrity, security and backup policies
- Launch new listings on Amazon.com and various other online marketplaces
- Update existing listing to optimize for Amazon search and premium merchandising standards, coupling a comprehensive keyword strategy with exceptional merchandising that fits marketplace and category premium standards
- Demonstrate an expertise in some of the more technical hurdles within the Amazon / Walmart ecosystem, stepping in as a reliable and self-motivated leader to put a best foot forward for our brands
- Assist in new brand launch process on Amazon.com. Including category approval management, and other case log management
- Monitor and analyze ASIN performance, rankings, ratings, and customer reviews, collaborating with our in-house marketing team to respond to data and implement effective growth strategies
Skills & Qualifications:
- Expert in item setup / maintenance on Amazon.com (Vendor Central), Walmart.com (Supplier Center / Retail Link), Target.com, Wayfair.com, Overstock.com, Homedepot.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Groupon.com, etc.
- Knowledge of product listing optimization techniques
- Ability to manage and work with large volumes of Excel data
- Strong Excel Skills: formulation, macros, reporting, etc.
- Analytical; able to problem-solve variety of issues quickly
- Proactive, detail-oriented and organized
- Able to prioritize, multitask, and work efficiently; able to work on multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- Able to work independently on day-to-day basis
- Work on projects in collaboration with others
- Positive attitude with an enthusiastic, can-do outlook
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Strong knowledge of computers including Excel, Outlook, Photoshop a plus