You’re feeling great, but this new lifestyle brings about aches and pain you may not have felt before. You start looking into different ways to relieve your sore muscles, but there are so many options available you’re not sure where to start.
The article reviews:
- What is foam rolling
- How does foam rolling work
- When to foam roll
- How to foam roll
Our key takeaways:
- Foam rolling is used by athletes, sports doctors, physical therapists, and fitness professionals
- Foam rolling relaxes muscle tissue, allowing the muscle fiber to return to its normal length
- Foam rolling can be done as a warm-up, cool down, or throughout the day!
- While foam rolling, be sure to roll slowly and carefully. Apply pressure to the targeted area, slowly rolling along the length of the muscle area at one inch per second
- Consult with a physical therapist or your primary healthcare physician before you begin any sort of self-treatment, and be sure to consult with them if your aches and pains don’t get better
Click here to read the full article.
Interested in trying foam rolling? Be sure to grab a CanDo® foam roller from one of our dealers or directly from us.