About the Baseline® brand
Baseline® measurement instruments have been used by orthopedists, therapists, FCE administers and professors since the 1980s. Many of you who have received therapy after an injury have probably had your progress tested throughout your rehabilitation with a Baseline® measurement instrument.
The product line includes instruments to measure strength, range-of-motion, sensory perception, body measurements and more. Many Baseline® instruments are manufactured in the USA and carry the CE mark for sale outside the USA.
The Baseline® product category
Below is a listing of some Baseline® products. Select a category link to learn more.
- Baseline® hydraulic dynamometers – objective strength evaluators including hand dynamometers, pinch gauges, push-pull (MMT) dynamometers, wrist dynamometers and more.
- Baseline® goniometers – metal and plastic models measure range-of-motion of finger through large joints. Featuring the patent pending Absolute+Axis™ attachment and the Xtender® extendable goniometer.
- Baseline® inclinometers – including the Bubble® and adjustable Acu-Angle® models.
- Baseline® alignment measurement – including scoliosis screening.
- Baseline® sensory measurement – including monofilaments, percussion hammers, Discim-A-Gon™ 2-point discrimination, tuning forks and more.
- Baseline® pulse oximeters – including entry level and deluxe model with waveform.
- Baseline® skinfold calipers
- Baseline® sit-and-reach trunk flexibility test
- Baseline® spirometer – windmill type
Baseline® wrist inclinometer measures range of motion of the wrist along all axes. To use have patient grasp inclinometer handle; turn dial until scale reads 0; set first tab, take joint through range; set second tab, read range traveled directly from dial.
Damage resistant, portable monofilaments detect changes in neurological status. Ideal for screening for peripheral nerve impairment. Monofilament retracts into protective case when not in use.
For testing static and dynamic one and two-point discrimination. Set includes two disks that quantify innervation density from 1 to 25 mm. Useful as a postoperative therapeutic aid for desensitization and home programs following nerve repair, graft and innervated tissue damage. Set includes storage pouch and instructions.
Measures the degree of rotation of a deformity of the back. Use it to screen which persons to refer for further medical evaluation. The product is 3.5" x 7.5" and comes with a storage pouch.
Hand-held body fat analyzers produce a body fat percentage reading without having to pinch skinfolds.